I started Monday by making what I thought were going to be just a few finishing touches to the quilt top. I thought I would just spend an hour or two, but that curvy bottom edge kept bugging me. I just had to change it.
I dug in my trash can and pulled out the scraps that I had cut off. Thankfully, the print is really forgiving. I was able to fuse the pieces back together without it being too noticeable. While I was doing that, an idea flashed in my mind. I wondered if I could finish off the bottom with some partial GFG blocks, echoing the top edge. I did a quick mock-up in Photoshop Elements. Much better. So, I spent a some time cutting out more blocks, positioning, measuring, and fusing.
I liked that much better, but that massive area of featureless gray was rather dull. DD#2 suggested doing some rubbings with Shiva Paintstiks, so I added some textures in the evening.