I washed out my snow dye experiments from yesterday. I think I really like certain passages in some of them, but can’t say I’m overwhelmed with excitement. I know I am a novice at dyeing and I’m sure that greatly contributes.
I had two larger pieces of fabric that I was hoping to dye a color wheel of sorts. That didn’t exactly happen. Also, on one I just laid the fabric in the bottom of the plastic bin, while on the second one I laid it on an elevated grid. I don’t know about you, but I think the first one is more interesting.
Other than the two mediocre attempts at a color wheel, I also dyed in a bunch of fat quarters so I could use up the rest of the dye. These were all randomly bunched up and laid on the bottom plastic bins. I wasn’t really trying to get any special colors or patterns, and I didn’t get any, so I guess I succeeded! For the first four samples (eight pictures) I dyed some white-on-white fabric. Interesting to see, but I liked the back side better. The last two are Pimatex cotton (the same fabric I used on the color wheel samples). I think I like sample #7 best.