Today was a wonderful day for working. I put in “Cinderella” and worked steadily while the mice sewed a ballgown. Then I popped in “Tangled” and continued my adventure while Rapunzel went on an adventure of her own. It was so nice to work uninterrupted for several hours at a stretch.
I decided the baby needed to be laying on a baby quilt. I just had to figure out how to work out the various bending lines. I solved the problem by laying a plaid towel on my dining room table. This let me get the basic lines to draw gridwork for the pinwheel quilt. This saved me the effort of having to use my imagination on a day when my brain was already tired. Anyway, I was happy with how it worked.
Once I had the quilt drawn on my fabric, I imported photos into Photoshop Elements and started playing with colors. I realized I couldn’t make it a simple two-color quilt, so I pulled out some nice, bright colors and went to work. I worked slowly so I could control the ink so it wouldn’t bleed uncontrollably. I had a few minor spots of bleeding, but not a significant amount.
Now I need to figure out the rest of the background. I’d like to have all of the painting complete by tomorrow so I can sandwich it and start quilting!
And just in case you’re wondering, DD#2’s baby is a boy!