I gathered up my courage and finished quilting the mom’s face and hair. It is a small, but important area. I really wanted it to look nice. I tried giving myself some convincing self-talk so I would quit procrastinating and get it done. In the end, it took the motivation of an impending deadline for me to jump in and do it. So, it is with great relief that all of the main elements are now completely quilted.
But now I’m stuck on that background again. I can’t figure out how I want to quilt it. I don’t want just a bunch of nondescript stippling. I tried out various feathers and other similar wispy elements. They’re pretty, but none of them seem right so far. They don’t relate to the central image. I’m trying to figure out what quilted motifs will support the telling of the story.
I can always hope that taking a short break to blog will give me new ideas 🙂