I squeezed in two more hours today. I wanted more of a tonal difference between the mother and baby, so I adjusted the colors of the clothing. Then I finished putting in the arms. I wanted them to be rather vague, sketchy, and somewhat translucent.
Now I have the dilemma of what the baby is laying on and what is in the background. I don’t know why, but backgrounds are boring to me, so I always forget to consider them until the main image is finished. I know my art teachers would lecture me for doing this.
I imported the image into Photoshop Elements so I could audition various colors. I didn’t like any of them! Back to the drawing board bright and early tomorrow morning.