I’m happy to announce that “Acceptance” is complete! It was really interesting doing this image a second time. I actually think the painting and quilting are both better on this one, so I am very pleased with it. I decided to make a few minor changes so people would be able to tell the two quilts apart.
Besides giving this one a different title, I also decided to bind it with a blue batik fabric. “Surrender” has a burgundy binding.
Here’s a close up of the mother’s face. I had to smile because DD#2 said she liked this one better, too.
Here’s a peak at the quilting.
If the weather cooperates sometime during the next few days, I want to take better photos for my own documentation. These pictures were taken quickly under lights that are too harsh. It’s also a little too wrinkled because I had the quilt rolled for the trip home from our retreat. I’ll just need to spritz it with some water to remove some of those wrinkles.