Between all my regular activities this weekend, I finally finished “Coloring Grandma’s Garden.”
I fiddled with the binding because I wanted the little strip of pink to be very straight and even before I added the black and white binding. I put the hanging sleeve on as usual, but when it came time to make the label, I decided to surround it by another Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt block. It’s really a cheater block, though, because it is not really pieced of multiple hexagons. It is just a single piece of fabric cut to the right shape and appliqued around the label.
When everything was done, I slipped my 6 foot dry wall ruler through the sleeve and temporarily hung it on my living room wall so DD#2 and I could sit back and analyze it. At that point, we decided I needed to add a bit of color around the flowers on the bottom edge so they would showed up better. I pulled out some fabric markers and fiddled with that a bit, and I think it helped. I might even add a bit more here and there. In any case, I’m declaring this quilt done (or at least very nearly done)!