It’s about time for me to report back on my “clean the studio” task. I’m happy to say that I’ve played a little less the last few days so I could work on cleaning the studio. Again, why? Why do I let it get this way? Who knows if I will ever quit letting my studio become unusable. But in the meantime, I actually did some work!
Sometimes it is confusing where to start cleaning up when it gets this bad. I always just pick one spot and work clockwise. It works for me. So, I started by tackling the table top. Item by item, I found a proper home for each. Some things went straight in the trash. Others will be given away.
I prewashed and folded a bunch of fabric. That still needs to be put away, but at least I’ll be able to reach the cupboards now.
And the floor — the biggest shelf in the house — I can finally see it again!
My Kona cottons are organized, too. As before, I have organized them by value. I think it helps me to remember to think in terms of value, not color. I want to make sure my quilts include a wide range of values to maximize impact.