It’s just before 11 PM on Sunday night and I just finished paper piecing the outer ring for the “glorious” yellow quilt I’m making for my guild’s quilt challenge for this year.
You may notice I changed the background color for the outer ring. In my original design, I was planning to use charcoal gray. I liked the idea of using a monochromatic color scheme, especially since yellow, white and gray is such a popular color scheme right now. After consultation with my advisor (DD#2), we both felt that the gray just wasn’t working. Maybe it was because the main medallion was looking so sun-like. After discussion, we auditioned a navy blue batik. What a difference! Extra added bonus: I had enough in my stash without doing more shopping.
I know, I know. I was going to try to make a quilt without blue… This time it really wasn’t my fault!
Tomorrow, if all goes well, I’ll be working on the middle ring. That’s the one where I will be inserting the gold lamé.